Hiking Accomodations in the Region Fuschlsee
Just start to hike. In the beautiful Salzkammergut Region the hiking area stretches over six resorts and 30 farmed mountain huts which offer the possibility to relax and enjoy. Just 20 kilometres from the City of Salzburg, the Fuschlsee Region with its many lakes and mountains, is easily reached. Every day of the year you have the opportunity to hike in the picturesque Salzkammergut area.
In the Hiking accomodations you will find:
Our rewarding Hotels for hikers in the Fuschlsee Region are available in all categories, and offer a special all-round service. These hotels are the base for extensive tours and are glad to give advice and the necessary information. They offer for example, early morning breakfast, know the local weather forecast or provide a wide range of maps for your disposal. They help you to find the right tour, organize a transfer or offer equipment such as rain ponchos, hiking sticks or water bottles.
- A selection of hiking books / corner with free maps, tour offers and description, information about the regional huts, information book and refreshment possibilities, timetables for local transport and cable cars, prospectus as well as actual programme, emergency telephone numbers, weather forecast, internet.
- WLAN for the downloading of GPS tours should be available and also the help of hotel staff
- An offer for 2 guided hikes per week or the organizing of hiking guides in the region
- Hire equipment and organization of hiking equipment (hiking sticks, rucksack, water bottles, thermos flasks, weather protection, etc.)
- Early morning breakfast - thermos flask breakfast upon request (not possible for holiday apartments)
- Drying room for hiking clothing and shoes Room for hiking equipment
- Shoe cleaning service (machine, use of utility room, service etc.) Hiking medicines (plasters for blisters, muscle liniment etc.)
- Recovery taxi service in emergency (if no local transport is available)
- Guests are welcome for just one night
Hiking to the limit
During the Hiking Festival, from 24th to 26th of May, an extraordinary hiking event will take place.
Hking through the "Osterhorn Group" in 12 or 24 hours. Every attendee will hike in a group through the mountains near the city of Salzburg. At several locations there will be the possibility to refresh yourself and get your batteries reloaded. This event is a very special occasion to get to know your boundaries and enjoy nature.