Hof bei Salzburg
- Inhabitants: 3.600
- Area: 19 km²
- Altitude (from): 739m ASL
- Altitude (to): 1073m ASL
- Type of community: Municipality
- Longitude: 13,2128897
- Latitude: 47,8196983
Thanks to its favorable climate and numerous leisure amenities, "Hof" makes a popular destination for nature and culture lovers, for all ager alike! Due to the proximity to the City of Salzburg you are able to experience nature at it's best. Woods and meadows offer a multitude of plants and animals which are quite unique to this area.
Enjoy a peaceful and relaxing holiday in the countryside combined with sports and activities, culture and shopping. Linger on the shores of Lake Fuschlsee, try a game golf, tennis or squash - just do whatever you like best!
In Hof we have successfully maintained ancient customs and traditions and put every effort into preserving the beauty of our unspoiled surroundings, so that we can offer you the perfect setting for a restful vacation.
Places to see:
- the Smokehouse "Mühlgrub" with its 500 year old history - the new exhibition "without electricity through the 20th century" will give you an inimitable insight to a life without any technical equipment. Guidance from July - September each Friday at 1.30 p.m. (for groups seperate tours are available - please call us)
- ViaCulinaria4Kids: for children and adults with a sweet taste - each Friday you can make a special sweet dish called "Pofese" (doughnut) yourselves on the open fire.
- Fishing - the clear Fuschlsee is the perfect destination for fishing. Information you`ll get at the fishery of Schloss Fuschl
- Celebrate the Farmers Autumn Festival with us called "Bauernherbst".
- Golf at one of the eldest golfcourses of Austria - the Golf & Countryclub Schloss Fuschl is a cultural legend.
- "Hofspuren" - hiking tours with themes
- Spa of Schloss Fuschl - escape from your everyday life in this perfect setting.
Opening hours of the Tourist Office:
Monday to Friday 9.00 - 1.00 p.m. and 2.00 - 5.00 p.m.
Coming from Germany:
With road tax: take the highway A8 (Munic-Salzburg), pass the border Walserberg and go forward on the highway A1 (Salzburg-Vienna), pass through the exits West/Flughafen/Klessheim/Salzburg Mitte/Salzburg Nord/Wallersee and take the exit Thalgau (E274). Follow the signs to Hof.
Without road tax: take the highway A8, take the exit Bad Reichenhall and take the road B20 left to Freilassing, there go right and pass the border Freilassing/Saalbrücke to Salzburg, Münchner Bundesstraße, Ignaz Harrer Straße, Gabelsbergerstraße, Sterneckstraße, Minnesheimstraße, Grazer Bundesstraße to the road B158 to Hof bei Salzburg.
Coming from Austria:
From Vienna: take the highway A1 to Salzburg and then take the exit Thalgau. Follow the signs to Hof bei Salzburg
From the highway Tauernautobahn: take the highway A10, to the node Salzburg direction Vienna, pass through the exits Süd/Flughafen/Klessheim/Salzburg Mitte/Salzburg Nord/Wallersee and take the exit Thalgau. Follow the signs to Hof bei Salzburg.
With the public transportation:
From Salzburg main station there are hourly connections to Hof bei Salzburg by the lines 150 and 155. You find information about the bus connections on the webpage of the Austrian train.
If you come from the airport you have to take the bus line 2 to the main station and from there you can take the bus line 150 or 155.
Taxis of the city you can call by the number 8111. We also have local Taxis, you can call them by the following numbers: Taxi Eisl: +43 (0) 676/34 96 329
Tanzberger: +43 (0) 6228/2261
Travelling by public transport
Route planner for independent travellers
We name Hof bei Salzburg "The Gateway to the Salzkammergut". Thanks to its favorable climate and numerous leisure amenities, "Hof" makes a popular destination for nature and culture lovers, for all ager alike! Due to the proximity to the City of Salzburg you are able...