The elderberry is a rather special shrub - nor only the flowers but also the leaves and the fruits are used to make a number of different products. The elderberry is also renowed for its healing remedies and is said to have mysterial craft. Convince yourself on the elderberry pastures of the Holiday Region Fuschlsee and Wolfgangsee where the plants are to be found.
On each of the 5 elderberry pastures in the Holiday Region Fuschlsee, you can try the prize winning elderberry flower cuvée from the Schnapsbrennerei Primushäusl which won the gold medal of the Alpen Adria Prize 2008.
Elderberry liniment will refresh tired leg muscles and this elixir is offered free to try on the pastures. Small bottles can also be purchased. Furthermore the farm shop of the Oberhinteregg farm in Faistenau offers many different elderberry products ranging from jams to liniment.
The 5 elderberry pastures of the Holiday Region Fuschlsee:
- Schafbachalm: www.schafbachalm.at , Tel. 0043 (0) 664/ 22 17 417
- Reithütte: www.reithuette.at , Tel. 0043 (0) 0664/ 59 47 909
- Latschenalm: www.latschenalm.at , Tel. 0043 (0) 664/ 10 50 371
- Die Mayerlehenhütte: www.gruberalm.at , Tel. 0043 (0) 664/ 53 500 57
- Waldhof Alm: www.ebners-waldhof.at , Tel. 0043 (0) 6226/ 8264 35